Mission & Activities
The Foundation of the Tennessee Association of Audiologists & Speech-Language Pathologists is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of children and adults with communication disorders in the State of Tennessee. The Foundation will raise funds from individuals, corporations, foundations, other organizations, and through special events. Proceeds will be used for the following purposes:
- To improve the quality of services by providing practitioners with professional education experiences designed to enhance their clinical skills and service provisions to individuals with communication disorders.
- To publish and disseminate information to the public to advance their knowledge about the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of hearing, speech, and language disorders.
- To provide financial assistance to promising students at the graduate level in the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.
- To financially support research and development in the discipline of communication sciences and disorders and the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.
- To prudently manage and invest available funds to achieve the above purposes.
- To partner with other state or national foundations and organizations to support the mission of the Foundation.
Sources of Financial Support
- All audiologists and speech-language pathologists are given the opportunity to support the Foundation through levels of membership.
- TAASLP sponsors silent auctions, golf tournaments, food functions, and other fund raising events for the Foundation so that it may achieve its purposes.
- Suppliers of products and services to audiologists and speech-language pathologists are given an opportunity to support the Foundation through levels of giving.
- Other state and national foundations with similar purposes are asked to support the purposes of the Foundation.
- Individuals who have a special interest in audiology and speech-language pathology are asked to include the Foundation in their estate planning.
- Appropriate activities designed to support the purposes of the Foundation.
Or any increment you would like
Every dollar counts!
Interested in Participating in the Foundation's Gala Fundraiser???