Licensure is obtained from the Tennessee Department of Health, Board of Communication Disorders. TAASLP is a separate organization. Please use the following information to assist you in your licensure!
Communication Disorders Licensure Information
Each state has its own requirements to obtain a license to practice.
Questions for the TN Dept of Health/Board of Communication Disorders?
- Visit their website
- Call them: (615) 253-6061 or 1-800-778-4123
- Write them: 665 Mainstream Drive, 2nd Floor, Nashville, TN 37243
Tennessee requires all license renewals to be completed online.
- Tennessee Department of Health Board of Communication Disorders website
- Directly access the renewal form
- Verify the status of your license.
Professional Privilege Tax
Tennessee has an annual $400 Professional Privilege Tax for many professions, including Audiology & SLP, and requires it be paid online. Note, you will be charged interest daily for every day you are late in paying your tax.