Involvement in your state organization is essential to the professional development of any student. Involvement gives you the opportunity to participate in legislation affecting the field, network with professionals & students statewide, establish working relationships outside of the clinic and have fun while doing so! Joining is as simple as a few clicks and is affordable! $15 annual dues allows you to network with an incredible group of professionals, participate in TAASLP at whatever level you feel comfortable with and also qualify for scholarships given by the TAASLP Foundation!
Questions? Contact TAASLP Student Delegate, Kathleen O’Neal, at email@example.com
TAASLP Student Membership Forms
- TAASLP Foundation gives two $1000 scholarships annually. You must be a TAASLP member to qualify!
Get Involved in TAASLP
- TAASLP-TAA Joint Annual Convention College Bowl
- Join TAASLP Advocacy Efforts
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Transitioning to Your 4th Year
- If you are completing your Fourth Year Externship or Clinical Fellowship Year within the State of Tennessee, you are required to register and obtain a temporary license. This must be done prior to the start of the externship or CFY. Because you are a paid clinician and providing patient care, you must hold licensure.
- If you are unsure if you will be staying in TN after graduation, you may want to complete the application anyway, pending your decision. Some other States require this as well and will have their own process. It is your responsibility to know the laws of the State in which you are working.
Licensure Guidance for Students Transitioning to Professionals
TAASLP wants to make the transition from a graduate student to clinician as easy as possible. Please use these resources to assist you!
Please follow the Application Instructions provided by the TN Board of Communication Disorders. Once all materials are submitted and processed, the Board will send a Jurisprudence Exam, an at-home true/false exam about the state licensure bylaws that will need to be completed individually, notarized and returned. Once your license is issued, you will need to complete the paperwork for your Professional Profile within 30 days. Expect the process to take up to six weeks.
- All TN Board of Communication Disorders Applications
- Application Instructions for Audiologists & Speech-Language Pathologists